A few days ago I said that the beginning of Isaiah was hard to read because of the amount of wrath. Today’s section of Isaiah, on the other hand, is amazing. It’s full of the Gospel. Here are seven awesome passages that I underlined in today’s reading.
- Isaiah 53 – This entire chapter is prophesy of the coming Christ.
- Isaiah 55:6 – “Seek the Lord while he may be found; call on him while he is near.” This seems to indicate that there will be a time when we can no longer come to Christ. We have much to do to spread the Good News until that day comes.
- Isaiah 55:8-9 – God’s ways are truly higher and better than anything we can think.
- Isaiah 56:12 – “…each one cries, let me get wine! Let us drink our fill of bear!” This is the first time I’ve ever seen the word, “beer” in scripture. It’s telling that this scripture is under the section titled: “God’s Accusation Against the Wicked.”
- Isaiah 59:2 – The Bad News “But your iniquities have separated you from your God…”
- Isaiah 59:20 – The Good News “The Redeemer will come to Zion to those in Jacob who repent of their sins, declares the Lord.”
- Isaiah 66:2b – “…This is the one I esteem: he who is humble and contrite in spirit, and trembles at my word.” May we always be people after God’s own heart and never cease studying (and obeying) His Word.